Psychiatric Nurse Job Summary
- A Registered Nurse (RN) to provide nursing care and mental health interventions to residents in a residential mental health/co-occurring crisis house for adults. Additionally, the job duties include the charge nurse for the facility that provides supervision and training to the nurses on staff.
- Provide clients with daily medications and pharmacotherapy education.
- Monitor the safety and behavior of clients
- Assist with admissions (admission nursing assessment, send and enter in medication orders, admission medical paperwork)
- Milieu therapy and group therapy sessions
- Ensure the basic health and wellness of the facility
- Work together with psychiatrist and nurse practitioner, along with other mental health professionals in the treatment team
- Provide supervision, training, and charge of the staff nurses
- Organize and manage the nursing station
- Complete MAR audits
Psychiatric Charge Nurse Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience: Must have active RN license. Organization, time management and problem-solving skills. Professionalism and flexibility. Attention to detail. Maintaining information as highly confidential. Charge nurse experience.
**Must have at least 1 year of mental health experience. Please do not apply to this position if you do not have at least 1 year of experience in mental health, as this is a licensing requirement.
Language and Cultural Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to write progress notes as part of the medical record. Ability to speak effectively before groups of consumers or employees of an organization.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must have a clean background.
Learn more about Jackson House at www.JacksonHouseCares.com.
Participates in the development and implementation of clients' behavioral programs by providing care and close supervision of facility clients, documenting behavior, developing positive relationships with clients and co-workers, following facility policies and procedures, implementing treatment plans, and providing crisis intervention, as necessary.
A registered nurse who provides nursing care to assigned consumers utilizing the nursing process, including determination of consumer needs, provision of a safe environment, and encouragement of a high level of employee performance. The nurse is directly responsible to the Director for quality care given to consumers.
A licensed vocational nurse who provides nursing care to clients utilizing the nursing process, including determination of client needs, provision of a safe environment, and encouragement of a high level of employee performance.